Abdominoplasty (“Tummy Tuck”)
Abdominoplasty, also known as tummy tuck is designed to remove the extra skin and fat of the lower abdominal wall and provide access for tightening the abdominal wall musculature. Candidates for abdominoplasty in Tampa and Port Richey include young patients with laxity after pregnancy, those with persistent rolls of the abdominal wall, despite diligence with exercise, weight loss and good nutrition, and older patients with laxity of the abdominal wall. Abdominoplasty differs from liposuction principally by the open nature of the procedure, the need for removal of excess skin and the ability to correct muscle laxity.
Surgery times vary between 2 to 3 hours. There is often the need for some liposuction with the abdominoplasty to smooth out the contours of the flank and upper abdominal wall. General anesthesia is required. Incisions vary from patient to patient with regards to the height of the incision and are adapted to bathing suite wear and patient preference. All absorbable stitch material is used and waterproof dressings are applied for the ease of postoperative hygiene. A drain to remove fluid for a period of 5 to 7 days is required and removed in the office during routine follow up.
What Makes a Good Breast Augmentation Candidate?
Dr. Landon meets with every breast augmentation candidate to learn more about them and determine if the procedure is a good fit.
Generally, good breast augmentation candidates in Tampa and Port Richey are women who:
- Have naturally small or asymmetrical breasts
- Have lost breast volume after pregnancy/breastfeeding
- Are in good physical and mental health
- Do not have any chronic, uncontrolled medical conditions
- Do not smoke (or can quit prior to surgery)
- Have reasonable expectations of surgery; desire improvement and not perfection
- Have their own motivation for seeking surgery (i.e., not under the influence of anyone else)
- Understand the (rare) risks of surgery
Free Consultation Request
Dr. Landon always takes the time to listen and address any concerns about the procedure you’re interested in. Schedule your free, personal consultation with Dr. Landon today and experience the difference in care.